Heroes For Hire

 Home

 

Gallery 1

 

Gallery 2

 

Gallery 3

 

Gallery 4

 

Gallery 5

 

Back to 6

 

Gallery New

 

 

HEROES FOR HIRE

 (from the cover art of Heroes for Hire #13, Marvel Comics)

Manufacturer: Jaeron Studio

One-of-a-kind piece

Sculptor: Byron Jaeron

Material: Resin

Scale: 1/6

COMMISSION

 

 

This is a one-of-a-kind piece that was commissioned by a collector. It is based on the cover art for the Marvel Comics title Heroes For Hire #13. I was very excited to get the opportunity to build and paint this ambitious work.

 

When I saw the progress shots of this sculpt I was impressed. Iím even more impressed now that it is finished.  The sculptor did an excellent job of capturing the scene in 3D and filling in all the blanks not shown on the original cover art. The characters are The Black Cat, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing & Tarantula.

 

The build was pretty straight forward and I only had a few issues to deal with that were typical to Garage kit construction. There were some seam lines, pin holes and air bubbles that needed to be addressed.  The casting was good considering this was to be a single shot.

 

The biggest obstacle was one of choice and not a problem with the kit. I was not fond of the chain that was used to bind the girls. It was a kind of curved, twisted link chain that reminded me of jewelry, not your typical dungeon shackles. And in between the links, the gaps were packed with putty so the chain could be cast in place. Not a good look at all. So I went on a search for better chain and in doing so had to remove the existing chain that was cast into the kit.  I revved up the olí Dremel and went at it. It took several rounds of putty and sanding to recreate the forearms for each girl but I think it paid off. The new chain looks more realistic as it wraps around the girls arms and not big globs of resin. Itís much more 3D. I also added the anchor loops and plates for the chains at the top of the column. Nothing was provided in the way of attachment for them so I created my own.

 

The entire kit was rendered in acrylics and pastels.  The column was all painted by hand while the water was a mixed process of hand work and airbrushing. For the girls I airbrushed a majority of the work and hand painted the details.

 

This was a great piece and Iím happy to have had the opportunity to do it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For additional information, please e-mail me.

Copyright © David E. Bennett    All Rights Reserved